Visionary, self-sufficient, sustainable - Ondal has been producing electricity with its own photovoltaic system since August
The decision was made even before the energy crisis: In November 2021, Ondal held its first serious internal talks about installing its own photovoltaic system. In December 2021, the project was decided.
First talks as early as 2021:
- Months before the Ukraine war, rising energy prices were already causing unrest in industry.
- At Ondal, a reason to act with foresight and in the interest of the environment: In December 2021, it was decided to build its own photovoltaic plant.
- The system was installed on the roofs of Plant 1 in the spring of 2022 and commissioned in July 2022.
- The new plant covers 9% of electricity consumption and represents sustainable and clean energy production.
An investment for the environment:
- With the new plant, Ondal covers 9% of its own energy needs and makes itself less dependent on rising energy prices.
- The company consumes almost all of the self-generated energy itself.
- In addition to independence, Ondal is making a valuable contribution to environmental protection with the new plant.